Tax-Savvy Ways to Give a Gift
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
(QCDs) such as your IRA Charitable Rollover. An IRA rollover allows people aged 70 ½ and older to reduce their taxable income by making a gift directly from their IRA.
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
A DAF is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support First Baptist Church. DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
Gifts of Stock
Donating appreciated assets avoids federal capital gains taxes and provides a federal income tax deduction for the current market value of the gift. When arranging a gift of stock with your broker to our church, you will need the following information:
- DTC: 0443
- Acct. No. LRM233936
Planned Giving at Richmond’s First Baptist Church
Does your legacy reflect your values?
Planned gifts are those you arrange during your lifetime with the benefit to Richmond’s First Baptist Church deferred to a future date.
Some popular planned giving vehicles are listed below. These gifts are a vital source of Richmond’s First Baptist future financial strength and may also provide you, the donor, with substantial tax savings.
Planned giving donors are recognized through membership in the 1780 Society of Richmond’s First Baptist Church.
Simple Gifts with a Big Impact
- Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Beneficiary Designations
Gifts that Provide Income
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Contact Donna Earley, Director of Stewardship and Development, for additional information or to discuss options for including First Baptist Church in your will or estate plan.
- Consult with your tax or legal advisors to determine what is appropriate for you in the context of your overall financial and estate plans.
- If you include Richmond’s First Baptist Church in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
- Legal Name: Richmond’s First Baptist Church (annual fund)
2709 Monument Ave., Richmond, VA 23220
- Federal Tax ID Number: 540515710
- Legal Name: First Baptist Church Endowment Fund, Incorporated (our Endowment)
2709 Monument Ave. Richmond, VA 23220
- Federal tax ID Number: 540858196