We are excited to share a new resource with you! Amplify Media is a digital tool that will help you find and explore new and relevant Christian curricula from anywhere. It contains more than 4,000 different video-based studies, curricula, clips, etc., and is growing! Create an account and grow deeper in your faith wherever you go and whenever you have time!
To create an account:
Visit this website
In the upper right corner, click on the icon with a person in it.
Enter the congregation code: WRGTMF
Kick off your Sunday at First Baptist with a class of your choosing. As Christians, we are always becoming and transforming into the person that God wants us to be. If we listen closely, God will use our head, heart, and hands to live like Him and shape each of us to live like Jesus. Involvement in small groups and classes is a perfect way to explore your faith. We’d love to help you connect with a Bible study group at First Baptist!
College age – LL 18
Teacher: Daniel Hocutt
Students who come together to form a faith community as they connect to the larger congregation through Bible study, service, and worship.
Young Adults – 230 C
Teacher: Mikayla Hefele and Team
Comprised of young adults without children in their mid 20’s-30’s. This conversational group focuses on cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance while they explore how scriptures influence their faith and impact their lives.
S.A.L.T. – 230 D
Facilitator: Jay Styles
This group is composed of adults with young children and follows the lectionary readings with discussion-based questions that align with the scriptures in worship each week.
Harmony – 213
Teacher: Lisa Byerly
Middle Adults enjoy fellowship and laughter as they study God’s word, reading through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and reflecting on the weekly passages together.
BIBLE EXPLORERS – 214
Teacher: Dwight Ross
Mission: Individual acts of love
This lecture-style class uses Explore the Bible quarterlies and is committed to living out their faith as shown through acts of love.
Living faith – 280 D
Teachers: Devra Powers & Kathy Thompson
This is a class designed for women of all ages in our church who long for both community and Bible study with other women of faith.
SELAH – 216
Teachers: Tommy Pusser & Shearer Pettigrew
Selah is a dialogical class using the lectionary each week to inspire conversations and explore the meaning of scripture.
Hamilton – 220
Facilitator: Carolyn Powers and Team
A facilitated large group discussion. This class studies different biblical books and thrives on group input and application.
LAMBS – 244
Teacher: Martha Williard and Team
Class Mission: Compassion Ministry Items
A group of young men and women with special needs. Dedicated teachers share simple concepts and invite each person to discover how they can be helpful members of God’s family.
Sessions – 240 B
Teachers: Ken Storey & Stephanie Ransome
Named for the Sessions Bible studies they follow, this diverse group enjoys intimate conversations and working through scriptures at their own pace.
DISCIPLES – 240 D
Teachers: John Ingram
Class Mission: Compassion Ministry Items
Zoom-enabled and full of warm and welcoming people. Disciples offers an in-person and virtual opportunity to anyone interested in robust study and discussion of scripture selected form the weekly lectionary readings.
Imprint Book Study – 240 J
Teachers: Dee Dee Simmons and Mary Eldredge
A mix of ages and genders, this group enjoys robust discussion based on theological books and Christian authors.
Jesus Our Friend – 280 B
Teacher: Mary Ramsey
Deaf adults using American Sign Language as they study God’s word and dive deep into scripture.
BUILDERS – 280 C
Teacher: Gwen Smith & Laura Hedrick
Building up each other and the kingdom of God, these ladies and gentlemen enjoy reading and praying together for the needs of the world. This group uses study guides to walk through one book of the Bible at a time.
Esther – McDaniel Room
Teacher: Katherine Bobbit
Women 70+ that love each other and love the Lord. This group works from the Connections quarterly and finds great joy in God’s word and in caring for each other.
Logos (The Word) – 280 F
Teacher: Charlotte Evans
This group of all ages studies one book of the Bible at a time and enjoys the outline of a study guide while engaging in lively discussions.
Adams and Fellowship – 280 G
Teachers: Paul Burkwall & Carl Evans
Follows the Explore the Bible Lessons in an informal lecture/discussion format. Each week they include hymn singing, prayer time, and a mission emphasis.
STUDIO – 280 H
Teacher: Todd Ball
Unique lessons each week are grounded in scripture and participants are encouraged to ask the difficult questions.
MUSTARD SEED – 280 J
Facilitators: Lewis & Toni Myers
Combining a love of missions and scripture, this class seeks to make God’s word accessible and applicable to every participant and uses Explore the Bible curriculum.
ROUND TABLE – 280 K
Facilitator: Susan Grant
Mission: Compassion Ministry Donations
Following the Explore the Bible quarterly and hearing from a current rotation of teachers, this group is eager to learn more about God’s word each week.
DEAF COUPLES CLASS – 240 G
Facilitator: Dirk Hill
Deaf class for couples. This group uses American Sign Language as they study God’s word.
Whether you start your morning with a Biblical perspective or end your day at one of our wonderful Wednesday night classes, weekdays at FBC are a great way to fellowship with your neighbors in Christ.
RFBC Women’s Ministry – Adams Room (Zoom available) | 9:30 a.m.
- Teacher: Kathy Thompson
- Starting on November 13, join this group in person or via Zoom. Join this group as they read “God of Creation” by Jen Wilkin. Rediscover Genesis 1-11 as we go verse by verse and watch Him bring light after darkness, order after chaos, and rest after toil – all through he power of His word. There will be a few books available for purchase in the church office. Contact Kathy Thompson with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compass Bible Study – Suite 220 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Teachers: Gail Markham and Diane Dinsmore
- Will resume meeting October 3
Women in the Word – Suite 280 D | 6:15 p.m.
- Teacher: Kathy Allen
- Begins September 20 in person
- This small group meets on Wednesdays to explore the scriptures together with ‘ears to hear’ what God is saying. Bring a Bible and join us for study and discussion as we focus this session on “Questions God Asks Us.”
Winter Book Club – Adams Room | 7 p.m.
- Facilitator: Kathy Thompson
- January 25: Eye for an Eye by Steve Blanchard We will talk about Steve Blanchard’s book Eye for an Eye, a suspenseful novel that begins in church on a random Sunday morning. Events unfold quickly. Join us for a great conversation
- February 22: Settler’s Passion by Deborah Hocutt Settler’s Passion by our own Deborah Hocutt is set in Jamestown just a few years after the colonists arrived. And now…it’s barely hanging on. Join us for an exciting discussion about the events that unfold.
Acts of Friendship – Conference Call | 9:30 a.m.
- Teachers: Joyce Clemmons, Judy Jarrett, and Truman Smith
- Walking through the Bible book by book, this dedicated group of retired men and women enjoy time to catch up and pray together, study the scriptures, and share personal reflections from the comfort of their homes. They also gather once a quarter for a lunch and in-person program at church to stay connected.
We have evening events that rotate throughout the year. We change these offerings seasonally. Wednesday night events can be found here. It is also good to check our calendar and subscribe to First Family News so you don’t miss a thing!